BACKGROUND: Westrick Music Academy provides opportunities to grow through the pursuit of musical excellence in a supportive, collaborative, and joyous environment for youth choristers and musicians of all ages in the central New Jersey and Bucks County communities.
Founded in 1989 as Princeton Girlchoir, Westrick Music Academy is now the home to Princeton Girlchoir and Princeton Boychoir, the area’s premier training and performance choirs for girls and boys. The choirs present music from a wide array of genres, conductors and composers. While honing their musicianship, our choristers begin life-long friendships, enjoy professional performance opportunities, and travel the world. Choristers in third through twelfth grade come from towns throughout central New Jersey and eastern Pennsylvania to rehearse each week from September through May, performing in approximately 40 concerts and events throughout the year. The groups have been honored to perform in prestigious concert halls across the country and around the world. In addition, Westrick Music Academy continues to grow new music education and performance opportunities for students of all ages and backgrounds.
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for the fundraising and resource development efforts of Westrick Music Academy, including the annual fund, major gifts, grants, and corporate giving.
- Develop comprehensive annual development plan in conjunction with the Board Development Committee and Executive Director
- Identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of all prospects and donors, with support from Executive Director and Board
- Research and write foundation, corporate, and government grant proposals and manage ongoing relationships
- Develop and implement a successful growth strategy for Annual Giving
- Engage with social media to forward WMA’s development strategies
- Attend concerts and events as appropriate related to donor identification, cultivation, and stewardship
- Participate in the establishment and tracking of annual development goals and budget
- Oversee creation of development materials
- Maintain prospect and donor files
- Lead organization’s database maintenance, ensuring proper tracking of donor and prospect records, and coordinating efforts of other staff to continue accurate data management
- Support the Board Development Committee efforts, assisting in strategy development and implementation, attending meetings as appropriate
- Support efforts of our fledging Alumnae Association and their fundraising team
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years of demonstrated experience in successful fundraising
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and outstanding interpersonal skills required
- Proven track record of achieving revenue targets
- Demonstrated ability in successful cultivation, face-to-face solicitation, and stewardship of major gifts preferred
- Demonstrated experience in securing grants from government and foundation sources preferred
- Demonstrated experience with alumni relations and annual fund appeals preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, donor database software, email programs, social media, and willingness to learn new programs if needed
- Ability to manage time and priorities independently and adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to work with youth and families from a variety of backgrounds required
- A passion for music and the arts is a plus
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
HOURS: Full-time, hybrid position, including some evening and weekend events. Hybrid work schedule available.
Salary $50,000-60,000, DOE. Benefits include health insurance, paid time off, flexible hours, and travel reimbursement. All Westrick Music Employees and their immediate family members also receive half-price tuition for all WMA programs.
Please send cover letter and resume to Jobs@WestrickMusic.org and reference Development Director in the subject line.